All residents of Katimavik-Hazeldean are encouraged to become members of the KHCA. We are YOUR community association. Members can vote on resolutions brought forward to better our community. Join your neighbours and make a difference!

Past Meetings




 


















Katimavik Hazeldean Community Association

Keeping Neighbourliness Easy

Minutes of General Membership Meeting - held March 5, 2018

Kanata Recreation Complex, 100 Charlie Rogers Place

 

 


Present:  Steve Anderson, Rod MacLean, Kul Kapoor, Tom Lowrey, Mary McCarter, Scott McCarter, Brian Mangan, U. Grave, Mara Zarins, Jennifer Guerra, Carla Backmeier, Leah Laframboise, Harjeet Hothi

 

 

Regrets:  Susan Jones

 

                                                                       

 


Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Agenda

Amend the agenda to add discussion of Community Lighting after the Hydro Presentation discussion

M/S/C by S. Anderson and M. Zarins that the agenda be accepted as amended.

 

 

Minutes of Feb 5, 2018

M/S/C by R. MacLean and M. McCarter that the minutes be accepted as presented.

The bylaw changes will be added to the minutes of the January meeting.

President’s Report

Steve Anderson reported on the following activites:

     Young’s Pond Winter Carnival – In the past, KHCA had maintained responsibility for the Young’s Pond rink. A separate group, Young’s Pond Community Association, now receives money directly from the City for the maintenance of this rink.

     Bridlewood Community Association Meeting – Steve attended the February meeting. It appears to be a highly organized association, with approximately 50 members at the February meeting. Hydro One was there to give a presentation about the upcoming maintenance of the hydro corridor, although this corridor also runs through Katimavik-Hazeldean.

 

     Corporation Update and Request for Articles of Incorporation mailed in – The documents indicating the change of leadership of the KHCA have been mailed in. There has not been a response yet, but they may be in touch within two months if there is any issue. The Articles of Incorporation are needed to open the bank account at Meridian.

 

     Larsen Linear Park – The City has pushed this project forward to the stage of drawing up a plan for it, but scheduling takes time, so it may be more realistic for 2019.

 

     Park Benches – Initially, the KHCA was the only group who requested a bench this year. However, Councillor Hubley has now indicated he is looking at all of South Kanata when considering benches, so the status of this project is uncertain for now.

 

     Sign and Flower Garden Katimavik & Eagleson  – Several corporate sponsors were lined up for this project, however since it is City of Ottawa property and there are possible issues with electrical wires in the area, KHCA will not be able to plant flowers or take over responsibility for the sign.

 

     Improving Bus stops Bachman & Pickford, Millman & Pickford – Requests have been sent to OC Transpo regarding improvements at these bus stops.

 

 

     Canada Day Event/200th Anniversary – Sponsors have been arranged, and the rental of the tent, table, and chairs have been booked. The park pass given to KHCA by the City has been transferred to the event’s organizers. At upcoming KHCA meetings there will be more discussion about what we will do with our table space that day.

 

     2018 Corporate Fundraising Progress – Still going well. Businesses would like to support planting flower gardens in the area, but given the City’s response to this idea at the Katimavik/Eagleson intersection, these types of projects are now in doubt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Treasurer’s Report

·         Currently have approximately $2500 in KHCA bank account

·         Will be changing from Scotiabank to Meridian (no fee account). The bank does require the KHCA articles of incorporation to open the new account.

·         Once the account is opened, the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer will need to go to Meridian to provide their signatures for cheques (two signatures will be required for cheques).

·         As there were many people new to KHCA in attendance at the meeting, past events like the BBQ were explained as part of a discussion of how to increase membership and awareness of the organization.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vice-President’s Report

·         KHCA is hosting the March meeting of the Federation of Citizens’ Associations (FCA). The meeting will be held at the KRC on March 21 at 7:15pm.

·         Presentations will be made at this meeting by the Ottawa Police as well as a group concerned with the fentanyl/opioid crisis.

·         KHCA will extend an invitation to this meeting to Councillor Hubley, as well as other local community associations.

 

 

Possible Future Hydro Presentation to the KHCA

·         Ontario Hydro gave a presentation about the upcoming maintenance to the hydro corridor at a meeting of the Bridlewood Community Association. The area of maintenance includes properties in the Katimavik-Hazeldean area.

·         After discussion, it was decided that KHCA will ask for more information from Ontario Hydro about their timeline for maintenance. If appropriate, KHCA will invite representatives to a meeting.

·         Ideas like flyers, putting information in local newspaper, and mentioning it on social media were suggested as ways to get more people to attend a meeting like this.

 

 

Community Onstreet Lighting Report

·         Tom Lowrey presented information about onstreet lighting in the community and its impact on community safety. His information is attached in Appendix A. Some contact with the City has been made about this issue via 311, but Steve will follow up.

 

Rink Situation

·         Currently, the KHCA receives money from the City of Ottawa, which it passes along to the Parent Council at Katimavik Elementary School for maintenance of the two ice rinks near the school.

·         KHCA keeps $100, although the City recently recommended to keep $500 in case of insurance claims.

·         Representatives from the Parent Council explained that they have contributed over 250 volunteer hours to maintain the rinks, and have also incurred other fees, such as for snow removal.

·         There is still a payment to be received this year. The Parent Council at Katimavik Elementary School will receive the rest of the money for the rink this year.

·         Next year (2019), KHCA will hold back $500 as recommended by the City, but if this is not used, it will be given to the Parent Council.

 

 

Other Neighbourhood Issues

None discussed, due to time constraints.

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Next Meeting

The next KHCA meeting will be held on Monday, April 9 at 7:30 pm, as April 2 is Easter Monday and the KRC building is closed.

 

 

Adjournment

The meeting adjourned at 9:10 pm.

 

 

 

 

APPENDIX A

 

Katimavik/Hazeldean

Community Onstreet Lighting Report

 

[CASE NUMBERS IN RED WERE ASSIGNED BY 311 WHEN CALLED IN - AFTER THE KHCA MEETING]

 

 

This cursory document is the result of a brief review of the street lighting situation in the Katimavik/Hazeldean neighborhood conducted during the week of February 28/March 1, 2018. In addition, readers will find references to conditions observed during the winter months of 2017/18.

 

Observations

  • Intersection of Chimo/Aird and Katimavik- all street lights are off (on each corner)
    • Results in dangerous situation for people crossing Katimavik after getting off the bus.
    • #201800448343
       
  • New pathway constructed parallel to Katimavik
    • All sidewalk/path lights are not in service and have been out all winter
    • Total of 15 lights
    • #8410
  •  Kakulu and east Pickford intesection has street light out.
  • #8403
  • Young Rd. and McCurdy Dr. has light out.
  • #8361
  • Chimo Dr. and south Byrd Cr. has light out.
  • #8370
  • McCurdy Dr. between Dorey Ct. and Maple Grove Rd. has light out.
  • #8377
  • Street lighting beside Chimo Dr. and Bering condominium has several lights out beside sidewalk.
  • #83792
  • Street lighting on McClintock Way condominium has several lights out beside McClure Cr. 
  • #8381
     
    February 28th Observations

  • Street lights on Anyk Way/Chimo Dr. and Anyk Way/Kakulu Dr. intersections finally turned on after being out the majority of the winter.
  • Sidewalk lighting on Kakulu Dr. between Drainie Dr. and top of Kakulu hill finally turned on on February 28th after being out the majority of the winter.
     
    This review is not an exhaustive examination of the street lighting in the neighbourhood but it does reveal outages that extended over months despite calls to the City of Ottawa 311 number.

 

 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------








Katimavik Hazeldean Community Association


Keeping Neighbourliness Easy

Minutes of General Membership Meeting - held February 5, 2018

Kanata Recreation Complex, 100 Charlie Rogers Place

 
 

Present:  Steve Anderson, Rod MacLean, Mary McCarter, Scott McCarter, Kul Kapoor, Mara Zarins, Tom Lowrey

Regrets:  Harjit Hothi, Susan Jones

                                                                       

 


Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Agenda

M/S/C by S. Anderson and T. Lowrey that the agenda be accepted as presented

 

Minutes of Dec 5, 2017

M. Zarins requested a correction to the Other Business (Dunlop Park) information - In the spring the city plans to paint information directly on the pathway that dogs must be on a leash. It is a pilot project and if it has an impact then the city plans to do this in more areas.

 

M/S/C by R. MacLean and S. McCarter that the minutes be accepted as amended.

Steve Anderson to make changes to the minutes of the January meeting

President’s Report

Steve Anderson reported on the following activites:

     Hydro Corridor – A special agreement for Hydro One to maintain shrubs has been made in writing with each affected homeowner in Kanata North, however a resident of Kanata North has indicated that there will not be similar agreements made in Kanata South. An email has been sent to the Community Liaison Office of Hydro One in order to further discuss the situation and invite representatives to future KHCA meetings.

     Larsen Linear Park – S. Anderson has been in touch with Councillor Hubley’s office and the plans to extend the park are still in the works.

     Park Benches – Councillor Hubley’s office is supportive of the request for park benches, plans are still in the works.

     Sign & Flower Garden Katimavik and Eagleson – The person who currently has possession of the key for the sign will be going to the City to draft an agreement to transfer ownership of the sign to KHCA. The sign may be electric. Local businesses are keen to support gardening efforts (ex. possible Home Depot event in spring).

     Community Mailbox Finishing – Canada Post was contacted. They indicated there are no plans to finish/tile any unfinished mailbox areas because there are no hard curbs to protect those areas from snowplows.

     Bus Stops Needing Improvement – Steve will follow up with OC Transpo regarding a bus shelter at Bachman & Pickford, and a concrete pad at Millman & Pickford.

     Flower Garden Corner of Shatner Gate and Eagleson – There is community interest in improving this corner, Steve to continue attempts to contact Condo Association.

     Katimavik Rink – Harjit delivered the first cheque to the Katimavik Elementary School Parent Council volunteers who take care of the rink.

     Canada Day Event/200th Anniversary – Steve spoke to the organizer of the Canada Day in Kanata event. In the past, KHCA has given the association’s “Park Pass” from the City to the Canada Day event. They indicated that this year, in exchange for the Park Pass, KHCA would have booth space at the Canada Day event.

M/S/C by T. Lowrey and S. Anderson that KHCA give the Park Pass to Canada Day in Kanata in exchange for booth space at the event.

M/S/C by T. Lowrey and R. MacLean that KHCA authorize spending up to $200 for rental of table, chairs, and a tent for the booth.

     2018 Corporate Fundraising Progress – A letter was sent to 42 of the largest businesses in the KHCA area. Steve is following up with these businesses, but already over $1000 has been donated, with additional sponsorships possible for future special events. There is no BIA for Kanata South, so many community improvement initiatives (such as flower gardens) that would normally be done by a BIA now fall to the KHCA.

     Relationship With Other Organizations – It was discussed that any relationship KHCA has with other organizations (ex. placing logos/info on our website) should have a clear benefit for KHCA.

     Urban Boundary Expansion – KHCA is still receiving emails about this issue. Steve will look into if the emails are intended for the organization or individual members.

 

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Treasurer’s Report

As Harjit was absent from the meeting, this discussion was postponed until the next meeting.

 

 

 

 

Vice-President’s Report

KHCA is part of the Federation of Citizen’s Associations (approximately 120 members). On March 21, 2018 there will be an FCA meeting in Kanata (Kul to arrange for room rental at KRC). It is important for KHCA to remain aware of what is happening in other community associations and other parts of the city as it may have an impact on our area.

Kul to arrange for room rental at KRC for FCA meeting.

Other Neighbourhood issues

Spring Park Cleanup will be happening soon. Dog leash requirement information will be painted on cement in Dunlop Park.

Off-leash dogs are an issue in the area. Residents are reminded that Bylaw (311) can be called to report infractions when seen.

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Next Meeting

The next KHCA meeting will be held March 5, 2018. 

 

Adjournment

The meeting adjourned at 8:55 p.m.

 

 

 





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------










Katimavik Hazeldean Community Association

Keeping Neighbourliness Easy

Minutes of General Membership Meeting - held January 8, 2018

Kanata Recreation Complex, 100 Charlie Rogers Place

 

 


Present:  Steve Anderson, Susan Jones, Mary McCarter, Scott McCarter

Ursula Grave, Rod MacLean, Kul Kapoor, Mara Zarins

Regrets:  Harjit Hothi

                                                                       

 


Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Agenda

M/S/C by S. Jones and R. MacLean that the agenda be accepted as presented

 

Minutes of Dec 5, 2017

M/S/C by R. MacLean and S. Anderson that the minutes be accepted as presented

 

Presidents Report

Steve Anderson reported on the following activites:

     Grant from city - it was not approved

 

     Pursuing financial support from business in our area

 

     Membership list outreach took place

 

     Katimavik Hazeldean C. A. was featured in a community newspaper article, the Kanata Kourier-Standard.  Jessica Cunha interviewed S. Anderson and the article features a picture of the outgoing and incoming KHCA Presidents

 

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Future Activities

S. Anderson proposed the KHCA focus on the following areas: 

O.C.Transpo related; community benches;

raising funds; mailboxes and

Canada Day event. 

Each topic was fully discussed with the following outcomes of each summarized below:

  1. The CA propose OC Transpo improve 3 bus stops.  Please contact Steve directly with suggestions

 

  1. M/S/C S. Anderson and S. McCarter that KHCA request 2 city benches.

 

  1. What can KHCA do to raise funds and how can we spruce up our community? M/S/C S. Anderson and K. Kapoor that KHCA spend up to $150 to refurbish the “Welcome to Kanata-Hazeldean” sign and flower bed.

 

  1. Mailboxes - Canada Post needs to be contacted about some mailboxes that need attention.

 

  1. Canada Day event - If we are able to receive funds from Corporate sponsors, the KHCA should consider putting some of that funding towards the Canada Day event.  M/S/C by K. Kapoor and S. McCarter that KHCA explore participating at the Canada Day event where we would sell memberships and advertise our CA.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members to advise which bus stops need improvement.

 

 

Some members will share hostas and daylilies for planting in flower bed

 

 

 

Members to identify which mailboxes need to be tiled

Other business

M. Zarins reported positive news about Dunlop park – In the Spring, the City plans to paint information directly on the pathway that dogs must be on a leash.  It is a pilot project and if it has an impact then the City plans to do this in more areas.

 

Bylaw Changes

Everyone received a copy of our existing bylaws and  S. Anderson represented the proposed bylaw amendments.  Discussion followed.  M/S/C by S. Anderson and S. Jones that the changes to the by-laws be accepted and reported in the minutes.

Amended by-laws posted on our Blog

Agenda Item

Discussion

Action

Next Meeting

The next KHCA meeting will be held February 5, 2018. 

 

Adjournment

The meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.

 

 
Our Bylaws - Appended to January 8, 2018 Meeting Minutes

***PLEASE NOTE:  Items below written in this colour are revisions to our bylaws that were voted on and approved at the KHCA meeting on January 8, 2018.*** 

 

9. Membership

4. All household residents may attend and participate in any general meeting or special general meeting of the association, but they are not allowed to vote on motions presented unless they are members of the association.
 
6. Honorary members may participate in a meeting, form part of a quorum, and can vote - provided they reside in Katimavik-Hazeldean.

10. Conduct of General Meetings

5. The chair of the meeting does not vote except in the event of a tie, and in those meetings where less than fifteen members are in attendance.
 
 
19. Offices of the Association
2. The official address of the association is the mailing address of the President's home.
3. The official telephone number of the association is the President's home telephone number.
6. The association may maintain a blog, Facebook and Twitter accounts.

20. Location and Date of General Meetings

1. General meetings of the association are normally held at the Kanata Recreation Complex.
 

25. Fiscal Responsibilities

5. a. The approval of the association in a general meeting or special general meeting must be obtained in all cases where the board of directors proposes to commit the association to a course of action which would result in expenditure in excess of $50 per event, activity or the purchase of particular item.
6. If a quorum of members is not present at a general meeting where a majority of the directors is in attendance, the directors may approve expenditures up to $50 per event, activity or the purchase of a particular item.

7.  All association cheques must be signed by any two of the following people; the President, the Vice-President, the Treasurer or the Secretary, on presentation of appropriate receipts.
 

27. Operational Responsibilities

5. The directors forming the Board of Directors shall be elected from the membership, by the members in attendance at the annual general meeting, to the positions of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and one "Member at Large" Director.  Starting in October 2018, elections will be held for President and Secretary for two-year terms (Vice-President, Treasurer and Member-at-Large will again be elected for one year), and for Vice-President, Treasurer and Member-at-Large for two-year terms beginning in October 2019.
 
 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------






Katimavik Hazeldean Community Association


Keeping Neighbourliness Easy


Minutes of General Membership Meeting - held December 5, 2017


100 Charlie Rogers Place/Walter Baker Park


 

 

Present:  Steve Anderson, Rod MacLean, Susan Jones, Mary McCarter, Scott McCarter,
Kul Kapoor, Mara Zarins, Tom Lowrey,
Regrets: Harjit Hothi

 

Agenda Item
Discussion
Action
1. Agenda and Minutes of Previous General Meeting held Nov 6, 2017
 
M/S/C by S. Jones and M. Zarins  that the agenda be accepted as presented
 
M/S/C by S. Jones and T. Lowrey the minutes be accepted as amended
 
 
 
Amendments to “Q & A with Councillor”, editorial change to “ByLaws Changes”
2. President’s Report
S. Anderson shared the following issues:
a)    KHCA Blog is beginning to be developed. He is adding info and pictures to update the blog.  Community activities and Minutes of meetings will also be on the blog.
b)     Community Association has a mail box which costs $183.50 per year and expired end of October 2017.  All agreed the KHCA mail should be sent to the President of the Association.
 
 
Agenda Item
Discussion
Action
2. President’s Report  continued…..
c)    S. Anderson will obtain a copy of a map of our Community Association area which can be shared in different venues and at meetings.
 
 
3. Treasurer's Report
It was reported in J. Hothi’s absence, that KHCA has approximately $2,000.00 in the bank.
 
4. Previous Business
a)    City grant - KHCA should hear the result of our grant request in the near future
b)    Remembrance Day - M. Zarins and S. Anderson agreed it was an honour to represent KHCA and lay a wreath during the ceremony which was very well attended.  $50 was spent on the wreath and $20 on ribbon.  Both can be reused.
c)    Santa Parade - The weather prevented KHCA members from participating and carrying our banner this year.
d)    Promotion of KHCA - It was suggested that KHCA January meeting be promoted in the calendar section of our community newspapers.  This will be the last opportunity to advertise as newspapers are being phased out.  Another way of promoting KHCA is by posting info in the large Kanata South bulletin board with a locked glass-type cover located on the NW corner of Eagleson and Katimivik.  Inquiries will be made to find out how KHCA can gain access to the bulletin board.
e)    Lighten the night - Due to lack of volunteers, it was agreed that KHCA would not participate in this event this year.
 
 
M/S/C by S. Jones and R. MacLean that S. Anderson, upon presentation of a receipt, be reimbursed $20 for the ribbon.
 
 
 
Inquiries will be made with Councillor Hubley’s office RE:bulletin board access.
Agenda Item
Discussion
Action
5. July 1 Canada Day/ 200th Anniversary of Hazeldean
It was proposed that in 2018, KHCA participate in the Canada Day events.  We could have a cake, a booth and sign up new members.  Various options were discussed to further mark the event/year, including a City owned bench sponsored by KHCA, flower gardens, pots of plants at various locations.
 
6. Internet presence
S. Anderson mentioned KHCA Blog site in his report.  There is also Facebook and Twitter which are interconnected.  Assistance is needed to manage these sites.
 
It was agreed that our Corporate sponsors should be given recognition on these sites.
 
R. MacLean will contact Mark to seek help with internet sites.
 
R. MacLean will send names of Corp sponsors to KHCA President
7. Bylaw Changes
Proposed bylaw amendments were distributed at the last general membership meeting.  They were again distributed to those present, discussed and some proposed changes were made. 
It was agreed that the proposed Bylaw amendments would be posted on the Blog, providing written notice that the amendments would be discussed and voted upon at the next KHCA General Membership Meeting, scheduled for January 8, 2018.
S. Anderson to post proposed bylaw amendments on the blog
8. Urgent Neighbourhood Issues
It was noted that all residents are invited to an open house regarding the Kanata Light Rail Transit (LRT) Environmental Assessment (EA) Study on Thursday, December 7th at the Kanata Recreation Complex (Hall A, 100 Charlie Rogers Pl) to discuss potential options regarding the future of the LRT extension from Moodie to Palladium through Kanata.
S. Anderson will post to KHCA Blog
9. Adjourn
The meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.. 
 

 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Katimavik Hazeldean Community Association
  
Keeping Neighbourliness Easy

 

Minutes of General Membership Meeting - held November 6, 2017


100 Charlie Rogers Place/Walter Baker Park


 

 


Present: Steve Anderson, Susan Jones, Mary McCarter, Scott McCarter
Marie Louise McDonald, Andrew McDonald, Rod MacLean, Kul Kapoor, Harjit Hothi, Tom Lowrey,
Regrets: Mara Zarins


Prior to the official start of the meeting, residents new to the Community Association joined and received membership cards. Everyone agreed to wait for the arrival of our Councillor for Ward 23, Kanata South, Allan Hubley, before honouring the outgoing President Rod MacLean.
 

 

Agenda Item Discussion Action
Agenda M/S/C by T. Lowrey and K. Kapoor that the agenda be passed as amended. Requested addition of FCA March 21 meeting
Minutes of Sep 11,2017 General Mtg M/S/C by H. Hothi and R. MacLean that the minutes be accepted as presented
Treasurer’s report H. Hothi reported that we have over $2,000 in our bank account.
Presidents Report Steve Anderson talked about how the Community Association is evolving and reviewing things like our WEB presence (Facebook, twitter, blog), how we will have written financial reports a few times per year, and continue to focus on the interests of the membership. Steve, on behalf of the KHCA, applied for a $3,000 grant from the City to honour our community.
Follow-up on grant, review WEB presence
Agenda Item Discussion Action
Bylaw Changes Everyone received a copy of our existing bylaws. S. Anderson distributed a list of proposed bylaw amendments for future consideration. Place bylaw review on agenda for next meeting.
Upcoming Events Nov 11 - Remembrance Day - M/S/C by S. Jones and H. Hothi that we spend up to $50 to lay a wreath
Nov 19 - Santa Parade - M/S/C by H. Hothi and T. Lowrey that we spend funds and march in the parade.
Need confirmation as to who will lay the wreath.
Need confirmation as to who will march in the Parade and carry the banner
Honouring Rod MacLean Councillor Allan Hubley thanked Rod MacLean for his service as President of KHCA, and presented him with a plaque. S. Anderson brought cake and juice drinks for the event, which were served after the meeting. Pictures were taken and will appear on our FB site.
Q and A with Councillor After the official presentation to R. MacLean, Councillor Hubley agreed to take question. The following topics were addressed:
Sidewalk North meeting
City Budget; being tabled Wed Nov 8, final vote Dec 2017
Broken sidewalk in Katimivik
Hydro One consultation with residents who have homes close to hydro lines
 
Dec 5 and 6 - Wagon rides from Holy Redeemer and Castlefrank schools
Lighten the Night - is an activity the KHCA where volunteers drive around the neighborhood, take picture of Seasonal decorations, then award prizes.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hydro One South Kanata consultation scheduled for 2018
 
10-minute rides from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
 
Volunteers needed to take pictures, need to confirm driver
Upcoming Events - con’t Jul 1 - Canada Day/200th Anniversary of Hazeldean - S. Anderson proposed KHCA obtain a booth during the Canada Day events in 2018 to promote the Community Association, sign up members and perhaps have a cake.
 
More discussion will take place in December
Agenda Item Discussion Action
Upcoming Events Con’t FCA Mar 21 - a meeting of the Federation of Community Associations will take place. Kul Kapoor represents KHCA at these meetings. Councillor Hubley provided some background about the Federation to those present, as did K. Kapoor. M/S/C by K. Kapoor and S. Jones that KHCA spend up to $50 for the rental of a hall for this meeting
Other Business A suggestion was made that KHCA be promoted by way of an article in Metroland. T. Lowrey provided a number of advocacy-type examples of activities the KHCA undertook in the past. Follow-up at next meeting
Adjourn The meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.. Cake was served and R. MacLean was congratulated by the new executive and presented with a card and lifetime KHCA membership. Lifetime membership to be discussed further as part of bylaw changes.