Present: Rod MacLean, Kul Kapoor, Christine Boothby, Tom Lowrey, Sue Jones, Ursula Grave and Nilay Ertemur Regrets: Councillor Hubley, Marc Labrèche, Jeff Jobb, Judy Lees, Duane Avery, Scott Coleman, Jeff Carrie and Dennis DeRusha
1. Presidents Update: Wheelchair access to streetlight posts with pedestrian buttons; Jeff Jobb is new Area Commissioner of Scouts – his successor as 4th Kanata Scouts – Group Commissioner;
2. www.khca.on.ca i) West LRT Extension; ii) KHCA website linked to WOCRC, to Kanata Food Cupboard, and to Councillor Hubley; iii) Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) is a fundraising led by Western Ottawa Councillors to raise $1.5 million of the capital cost of a unit for some 30 elderly patients at the Queensway Carleton Hospital; iv) Set up your My Service Ottawa account through www.Ottawa.ca ; v) Report violations by calling the not emergency police number 613-232-1222 ex 7300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org vi) Track action on service requests at www.serviceottawa.ca vii) OMB; vii) Innovation Park & Ride building not to start until Spring 2016 ix) What works tacking poverty; x) City Youth portal: http://ottawa.ca/en/ott-youth ; xi) Parking minimums visit: Ottawa.ca/minimumparking
3. After May 4th: K H Community Yard Sale Kijiji ad and Kourier notice; Kanata Race Day June 14 visit: www.kanataraceday.ca Complete Streets; Adjusting Centerline on collector streets not recommended because few vehicles parked during working day; Eagleson P & R to get three more signed spots with five additional spots constructed but not signed so ready for need
4. Treasurer’s Update indicated that the operating fund balance is $1375 much of which is allocated though not committed for the June 13ththe K H Community BBQ Picnic.
5. KHCA will advertise the Katimavik Hazeldean Community BBQ Picnic in the Kanata Kourier- Standard and school’s newsletters as well and KHCA accounts –Facebook and Twitter. Community BBQ will be on June 13th from 11 am to 3 pm in Cattail Creek Park –centered near Katimavik Elementary School. Stage is set and park rented; health elements; BBQ & tents; first aid and port-a-potties are arranged. Musicians, truck with 2 inch ball hook and food are in process. There will be a Heritage Forum on Saturday, September 26th in Kanata focusing on suburban and rural heritage in Ottawa. Heritage is what the municipality decides it to be since the Province has not set criteria.
6. KHCA has requested that Canada Post to install tiles at its new Community Mailboxes in the Vanstone-Belleview area and also that Canada Post relocate Foulis Avenue Community Mailboxes to Foulis Avenue
Adjourned at 8:45 pm Next Meeting: June 1, 2015