Editor's note: This item was imported from the KHCA's previous webpage. It has been post-dated accordingly, but the assigned date is approximate.
Give Away Weekends have been successful. Stay tuned for the dates as information becomes available.
One person's trash is another person's treasure. So don't put your unwanted bounty pieces in the garbage. Set them out at the curb on Give Away Weekend. For you treasure hunters, tour your neighbourhood, community and city to find those hidden gems.
Treasures could include:
- Books, CDs and DVDs.
- Old furniture and small appliances.
- Construction materials - including drywall and hardware such as nails, bolts and screws.
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans.
- Unwanted gifts.
Rules for setting out the treasures:
- Place items at the curb.
- Place stickers or signs on items with the word "FREE".
- Ensure any items that you want to keep are away from your set out treasures or tucked away safely in your garage.
- At the end of the day, bring any uncollected gems back to your home.
Treasure hunting etiquette:
- Respect other people's property, don't walk on people's lawns and gardens.
- Take only the treasures marked free at the curb.
- Don't discard previously picked-up treasures on another person's lawn. We wish you best of luck in finding those treasures. It's another way to RETHINK GARBAGE, protecting our most precious treasure - our environment.